Rental Coverage for Landlords - ErieSecure
If you're a landlord, Erie Insurance's ErieSecure Rentalsm Policy* offers coverage
to help protect your rental properties. The coverage is similar to homeowners insurance,
but it's tailored to meet your needs.
The coverage provides:
- Guaranteed replacement cost** loss settlement for the dwelling. (With guaranteed
replacement cost, the property will be covered in full if it's damaged or destroyed.)
- Replacement cost loss settlement for personal property. (Replacement cost
is today's cost to replace the personal property with materials of like kind and
- Comprehensive coverage for the dwelling, other structures and personal property.
(This provides protection against losses such as fires, lightning, windstorms or
- Premises liability protection for personal injury, bodily injury, property
damage and medical payments.
Optional Coverages to Consider
You can expand your protection beyond the standard rental property coverage with
the Rental Policy Plus endorsement. This optional coverage lets you increase
your policy limits even more for things like:
- Trees, shrubs, plants and lawns
- Debris removal
- Siding and/or roofing restoration coverage
- Fair rental value (If your tenant has to move out because of a fire or other loss,
ERIE pays you for the lost rental income.)
- Payment for an automatic garage door opener
- Lock replacement after a loss
- Loss assessment (If a housing association charges an assessment to members, coverage
- Ordinance or law coverage
- Identity Recovery Coverage, including identity theft management service, expense
reimbursement and fraud coverage
And, Erie Insurance will waive the policy deductible for any loss from a covered
peril, such as a fire, exceeding $50,000.
More Coverages to Consider
Some other options to add to your policy to protect your property:
- Earthquake coverage
- Sewer or drain backup coverage
- Sinkhole coverage
- Mine subsidence coverage (not available in all states)
We can help you choose the policy and coverage that's right for
you. Contact our agency today to get started.
Please note: This material is general in nature and for informational purposes only. Coverages,
exclusions, limitations, policy terms and conditions and eligibility for discounts may vary from state to state and are
subject to the underwriting guidelines, rates and rules in effect at the time of purchase. Please refer to the policy
itself for definitions, coverages, exclusions and other terms and conditions.
||ERIE® insurance services are provided by
one or more of the following insurers: Erie Insurance Exchange, Erie Insurance Company, Erie Insurance Property
& Casualty Company, Flagship City Insurance Company and Erie Family Life Insurance Company (home offices: Erie, Pennsylvania)
or Erie Insurance Company of New York (home office: Rochester, New York). Not all companies are licensed or operate in all
states. Not all products are offered in all states. Policy issuance is subject to eligibility criteria. Go to erieinsurance.com
for company licensure and territory information.